Monday, February 4, 2008
A Heart That Is Full Of Gratitude And Thanksgiving To God
A HEART THAT IS FULL OF GRATITUDE AND THANKSGIVING TO GOD
A heart that is full of gratitude and thanksgiving to God for what He has done to our lives is a heart that is beating with love and compassion for his fellowmen.
There are so many things we ought to be thankful for to God in our lives. Though we may not be in the best situation in this world, we are not in the worst either.
If we can put the lives of all the people in this world in a vertical line until it reaches up to heaven, we will see that we are not badly situated as we think we are. True, we are not in the topmost portion of the line, but neither are we in the bottom most portion.
Do you not know that we are perfectly what God intended us to be? And we are exactly where God intended us to be, no more no less. Or do you think God is capable of committing a mistake?
Instead of brooding over our fate and asking God why we were made this way, are we not supposed to thank Him for making us the marvelous creation that we really are? The Book of Psalms says, we are fearfully and wonderfully made by God.
And that is not an overstatement.
Science has discovered the fact that man, especially the human brain, is the most complex and fantastic creation in all the universe. No machine that can be invented by man can ever duplicate the wonderful creation that man is.
Man is like a miniature universe that functions in clockwise precision and beauty that it can never be simulated by science. The capacity and latent ability of the mind of man is mind boggling.
Scientists say that an average man is using only less than 10% of the capacity of his mind. With this less than 10% usage of man's capability, we are already astounded by the fantastic feats of the human mind. Just imagine what man can achieve if he can learn to harness and tap the other latent 90% capability of his mind.
We were created by God in His own image and likeness and was given the authority to subjugate the world. We can be the near perfect overseer of this world as God has originally intended us to be. We just have to learn to be totally obedient and subservient to His divine will and not intransigently impose our own puny and imperfect will.
Have we not learned from the mistake of our first parents? Instead of trusting God's words and obeying His commands, they chose to listen to the beguiling lies of the serpent (Satan) and aspired to be like God.
We are falling into the same trap just like our first parents. Instead of trusting God and obeying His divine will in our lives, we choose to follow the path of our own greatness and glory, and as all those who have trodden the same beaten path before, we are doomed to failure and destruction.
Let us learn to trust God once more and cultivate the culture of gratitude and thanksgiving in our hearts. Let us learn to obey His commands and follow His divine will in our lives. Then we can see the realization of all His wonderful promises in our lives.
"SEEK YOU FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS AND ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU." (Matthew 6:33)
TO GOD BE THE GLORY
Posted by Mel Avila Alarilla