Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Rejoice! We Have Eternal Life!


REJOICE! WE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not persih but have eternal life." God has promised us something that is truly remarkable. If we believe in Jesus Christ by accepting Him as our Lord and savior, and by surrendering our lives to Him, we are assured of eternal life. This promise was repeated in Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Isn't that amazing? Here I am laboring with all the burdens in my life and all the pains in my body and my face must have looked so somber as I walk daily to and from the market to buy our daily viands and to exercise my frail body. I am always preoccupied with how I would be able to budget our meager finances to cover all our expenses not to mention the sicknesses that befell some of my kids. My second eldest has a persistent cough for over a month now. I have spent quite a sum in buying him medicines including antibiotics. And my youngest son, after a bout with cough, was hit with chicken fox. We have to isolate him so that our youngest daughter might not catch it from him. We have to transfer again because of some trouble with our old cranky landlady. With all these, my face would normally reflect the severity of our situation until I heard this sermon from our Sunday pastor- "Rejoice always, I say it again, rejoice." This was from Paul in the book of Philippians. He said this while he was imprisoned with a vision of death hanging over his head.

And why should we rejoice? Because we are assured of eternal life through the death of Jesus Christ on the cross. With that He paid the full price for our sins. All we have to do is accept Him. As I meditate on this promise, my heart was flooded with exceeding joy. Yes, whatever situation we are in right now does not matter. What matters most is that we will enjoy eternal life in the blissful kingdom of our God after our earthly life is over. Now I rejoice with all of my heart.

Tags: God, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit, Rejoice, Joy, Love, Eternal Life, Grace, Salvation, Peace

Posted by: Mel Avila Alarilla

12 comments:

krystyna said...

There is an opposet situation -
we have everything, but we don't have Jesus in our heart. Our joy, happiness is not the same, not full.
God gives us His peace, joy and happines on the inside.
We all go through things at times that we don't understand.

Thank you Mel, great post!

God bless you!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Krystyna,
Yes, I agree with you. We may have all the material comforts and wealth in life but if we don't have Jesus, we don't have eternal life. It's as simple as that. Thanks for your visit and inspired comments my dear friend. Maria is your mother isn't she. I read her in the comment section of Bluebirdy. So both mother and daughter are passionate followers of Jesus Christ. Good for both of you. God bless you both.

Lo Kelween said...

eternal life, to the secular world is very abstract. they believe 'what you see is what you get', so it's hard to get the idea of eternal life into their heads.

but I believe as a believer, we can be the most powerful witness to people out there, to prepare them the way leading towards the ' eternal life'.

thanks for sharing, Mel. take care :)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Eel Wind,
Yes we believe because we believe in the word of God. Others don't, so that that term seems so nebulous to them. To them what is important is the here and now and not the hereinafter. Thanks for your visit and inspired comments. God bless you always.

Tey said...

we will never have an eternal life until have him inside our heart. Thanks for this wonderful thoughts Mel. Have a great day to you
Raptured Dreams
Celebrity Entertainment
Array Of Hopes

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Tey,
It's the amazing grace of God, that if we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior and surrender our lives to Him, then we gain eternal life with Him. It's as easy as that. Then the Holy Spirit will transform us to bear good fruits for the glory of God. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you always.

Sameera Ansari said...

A very inspiring post my friend.It holds so true for those who believe in the power of God.

May all your troubles become light soon.God Bless You and your family always.Take good care.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Sameera,
Thanks for your visit and meaningful comments. I'm sure glad that you are back in circulation. God bless you always.

GagayMD said...

hellO! its been a while that i haven't visited here..and now am finally here!just sniffin' around!take care.see u at mine!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Gagay,
You have such colorful words Gagay. My imagination lighted up when you said you came just sniffin around, and the image that conjured in my mind was a dog. Ha,ha,ha, No offense meant my young friend. You are always a character that I am so amused to interact with. And I like your spunk. Remember, you are more beautiful than Ms Earth. Ah, if only there are more people like you who can make other people smile and forget their problems for awhile, then this world will be a better place to live in. Thanks for your visit and amusing comments. God bless you always my young intrepid friend.

Chubskulit Rose said...

We should rejoice everyday, for God has given us everything that we need.. We need to be appreciative for all that sorrounds us... God is great!

I am following this blog now kuya mel.. (hope u don't mind me calling you kuya, if you do just please tell me hehhe)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Chubskulit,
Thank you so much for following this blog. This is actually my flagship blog. No, I don't mind at all if you call me kuya. I consider it a form of respect. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you always.


"Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts" (Hebrews 4:7b)

DO YOU NEED HELP? ARE YOU IN THE DARK? CAN'T FIND YOUR WAY AROUND? NEED A FRIEND WHO WILL STICK WITH YOU THROUGH THICK OR THIN OR WHEN EVERYBDOY ELSE HAS DESERTED YOU?

Please click here: http://www.andiesisle.com/He-Will-Be.html

AND YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWER.


Tingnan ang buong laki ng larawan

Hear Il Divo's Amazing Rendition of Amazing Grace at the Coliseum in Rome, Italy

Please click here




Divine Providence