Tuesday, May 31, 2011

From Glory To Glory


Why is it that not all Christians experience the victorious Christian life? Why is it that some Christians are underground Christians and you can not detect any sweet fruits from them? Did not the Bible say that by the fruit you will know the tree? And did not the word of God promise all Christians that if they accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior, they will be transformed by the Holy Spirit from glory to glory until they reach the whole measure of the fullness of Jesus Christ? What happened?

Because their being born again were only half baked. They probably accepted Jesus Christ with their mouths but not with their hearts. Or probably they did, but the allures of the world beckoned upon them and they forgot their first love and have backslided.

The Bible said in Romans 12 verse 2 that the way to our transformation is by the renewing of our mind and conforming it with the mind of Christ so that we will be able to test and approve God's perfect will in our lives. We cannot continue to do things on our own. Everything that we do must be done in the name of Jesus Christ. Jesus' righteousness and holiness were imputed upon us when we accepted Him as our Lord and savior and we must focus on that.


"The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day." (Proverbs 4:18)

Tags: Jesus Christ, Lord, Savior, Righteousness, Holiness, Glory, God


6 comments:

mrapada said...

You have a point there. A while ago I was thinking of writing a post about someone who's been trying to aggravate me by accusing me of the most silliest things -even to the point of accusing me of "trying to be like her" but when I read "Did not the Bible say that by the fruit you will know the tree?" you made me realize that it's not at all worth giving this person the attention, because people already know her and see her fruit, by what she shows. I also realized all the blessings and favor that come my way that I don't need to even listen to the trash she is saying about me. You see, I want to be that Christian, that woman after God's own heart. Like David. I look up on people like that, with strong conviction and that kind of godly personality. Each morning when I talk to the Lord, I'm like, Lord show me, lead me, tell me, and speak to me :) Thank you for reminding me to keep on pushing towards that goal and not be sidetracked. I guess I can also liken myself to a half-baked Christian and I know that with all these trials and testing that I am receiving, is Him fully baking me. So he can finally use me, you see, I was called to be a leader and it has been my heart's desire to be used by Him. I always remind myself that I'm like a gold being passed through the fire and imperfections are being taken out. :)

Have a blessed and wonderful day Mel. :)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Manilena Mom,
The Lord warned us that there will be persecutions from worldly people because they can not stand the sight of somebody they want to be but could not because of their strong attachments to the world. But the Lord gave us that reassurance that He has overcome the world and all who follow Him will do likewise. Let us just be steadfast in our resolve to do the will of the Lord in our lives and open up ourselves as His divine channels of blessings to the world. Thanks for your visit and inspired comments. God bless you always.

tejan said...

very well said Mel..thanks so much for sharing! A great reminder for us and a christianity check what kind we are!

God bless you Mel!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi teJan,
Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you all always.

Dhemz said...

Amen, kuyaMel...ang galing galing mo talaga....you truly are one of a kind!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Dhemz,
TO GOD BE THE GLORY. I am just a humble servant of the Lord. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you all always.


"Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts" (Hebrews 4:7b)

DO YOU NEED HELP? ARE YOU IN THE DARK? CAN'T FIND YOUR WAY AROUND? NEED A FRIEND WHO WILL STICK WITH YOU THROUGH THICK OR THIN OR WHEN EVERYBDOY ELSE HAS DESERTED YOU?

Please click here: http://www.andiesisle.com/He-Will-Be.html

AND YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWER.


Tingnan ang buong laki ng larawan

Hear Il Divo's Amazing Rendition of Amazing Grace at the Coliseum in Rome, Italy

Please click here




Divine Providence