1. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS. Instead of ranting and raving, why not count your blessings. If we put every man's conditions in life in a vertical position reaching out to heaven, we will find out that we are not badly situated after all. Yes, we may not be at the topmost position in the ladder but we are not in the bottom most position either. There will always be others who are higher or lower than us. There will be millions who will love to trade places with us. So instead of ranting and raving, start to count your blessings now.
2. BE AT PEACE WITH GOD. God is the starting point of life. He created us and is sustaining us in our every need in life. We are perfectly in the situation and place where God intended us to be, no more no less. So instead of grumbling and complaining, learn to trust God with all your heart and acknowledge Him in all you do and He will surely direct your paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).
3. LEARN TO LIVE A SIMPLE LIFE AND ALWAYS BE HUMBLE. "God opposes the proud and gives grace to the humble" (James 4:6). God will bless you if you remain humble in life and acknowledge His greatness over all creation. Learn to live a simple life devoid of any expectations from others. Learn to appreciate what God has given you. He knows what is best for you.
4. LEARN THE SECRET OF EQUANIMITY. Be tranquil and serene in life no matter what comes your way. God is no respecter of person. He gives us what is best for us in any given situation. All things pass, even the most trying events in life.
5. LIVE WITHOUT EXPECTATIONS IN LIFE. Disappointments and frustrations in life are the results of expectations, especially from people. Only God can give us the truest joy and contentment in life.
6. GO WITH THE FLOW OF LIFE. Most disappointments and frustrations in life are the results of swimming against the currents of life. As I said, we are perfectly where God wants us to be. That means He is directing all the events in our life. Do everything for the glory of God and live in order to please Him and He will lead us to our own Promise Land.
7. ACCEPT CRITICISMS ESPECIALLY CONSTRUCTIVE ONES. Be not onion skinned. Criticisms, especially constructive ones, are good for us. We all have blind spots in our lives and only honest revelations from true friends will reveal them to us.
8. PRACTICE DISCERNMENT TO KNOW WHO YOUR TRUE AND REAL FRIENDS ARE. Be not susceptible to flattery and praise. Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing. Some people use praise and flattery for their own ulterior motives.
9. BE GENEROUS WITH PRAISE AND STINGY WITH CRITICISMS.
When I was still working, one of the main motto of our company was, GIVE PRAISE IN PUBLIC AND CRITICIZE IN PRIVATE. Be sensitive with the sensibilities of others. We don't want to be humiliated in public so let us avoid it altogether in reprimanding others.
10. HOLD YOUR TONGUE. If you have nothing good to say to others better hold your tongue. You may feel good giving others a piece of your mind but you leave them totally devastated and humiliated and will surely remember your hurting words for the rest of their lives.
11. DO EVERYTHING FOR THE GLORY OF GOD. You will never go wrong if you practice this in your life .
12,. LIVE IN ORDER TO PLEASE GOD. That is the main purpose of our life. We were created by God to please Him by doing His will in our lives. In so doing, we glorify His name in everything we do.
I am not a hypocrite to say that I have already attained all that I have written. But I am striving to attain them with all my heart. After all, we are all works in progress. TO GOD BE THE GLORY.