Monday, September 5, 2011

I Am My Brother's Keeper


Cain committed the world's first murder by killing his brother Abel. When God confronted Cain about his brother's whereabout, he gave this classic remark, "Why, am I my brother's keeper?" Throughout all the ages, man carried this same cavalier attitude towards his fellowmen. He always turned a blind eye on the sufferings of others and we could almost surmise that in his mind, he always carry the same answer that Cain gave to God- "Why, am I my brother's keeper?"

Now, is the time to reverse this decadent attitude of man towards his fellowmen.
Instead, let us show our concern and care for the least of our brethren by declaring these words:

Yes, I am my brother's keeper.
His pain is my pain.
His joy is my joy.
His sorrow is my sorrow.
His happiness is my happiness.
His hunger is my hunger.
His deprivation is my deprivation.
His ignorance is my ignorance.
His poverty is my poverty.
His sickness is my sickness.
His struggles are my struggles.
His loneliness is my loneliness.
His isolation is my isolation.
His imprisonment is my imprisonment.
His tortures are my tortures.
His agonies are my agonies.
His search for truth is my search for truth.
His cry for freedom is my cry for freedom.
His quest for salvation is my quest for salvation.

I cannot just sit here and mind my own business oblivious to what's happening to my brother. I cannot keep a blind eye to his cry for deliverance. I will make a commitment right here and now that henceforth, I will be my brother's keeper and I will do everything in my power to help him in every way I can. So help me God.

Tags: We Are The World, I Am My Brother's Keeper, Universal Brotherhood, Love, Peace, Joy

Posted by: Mel Avila Alarilla

14 comments:

kimmy said...

that's so beautiful. it reminds me to be more considerate and more accommodating of other people, and to be always thankful for what i have and to share my blessings with others. it also reminds me to be more appreciative of the beautiful life i have compared with those of others and find it in my heart to help out as much as i can.. thanks so much for the most..

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Kimmy,
We really have to learn to love our brother/sister whatever or whoever he/she may be. We cannot say we love God and hate our brother at the same time. That would be sheer hypocrisy. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you always.

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

ang magkapatid ay dapat na magmahalan talaga kasi iisang dugo lang ang pinagmulan..pero madami pa rin ang magkakapatid na may hidwaan talaga.....hindi naiiwasan ang ganun..

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Arvin,
Yes, you are right. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you always.

Unknown said...

I know sometimes it's hard to just sit there and think everything will be alright but really, everything will be alright in God's time. Hope your brother is alright. He has you and you and family to give support, That's what family are for. Great post Sir Mel.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Shy,
Both you and Arvin mistook this post for a real brother of mine. My brother here is the universal brother, that means all of mankind. Anyway, thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you all always.

Unknown said...

ay sorry po Sir Mel, meron My kasi sa ending paragraph hehe sorry po. btw, thanks sa recipe sa curry na iniwan mo sa kusina blog ko Sir Mel. masubukan nga yun pag kopleto rekados na . Sensya na po and thanks for the visit

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Shy,
You don't have to say sorry kasi wala ka namang dapat ipag sorry, hehehe. I just clarified my post kasi nga liable to misinterpretation. You're welcome. Kung gusto mong mas spicy eh you can add 2 to 3 pcs. of siling labuyo. Thanks again for your visit and comments. God bless you all always.

Dhemz said...

Amen! this is a great post kuyaMel...I agree with your statement "let us show our concern and care".

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Dhemz,
Yes, I agree with you. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you all always.

MinnieRunner said...

I'm a bit startled with what you have written here Mel. I feel guilty. I am Cain-like. Thanks for this post, it had reminded me that I truly am, my brother's keeper.

God Bless.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi MinnieRunner,
We cannot help all those who need help because our resources are limited. But we can always pray for those who need help. Prayers unlock God's portals in heaven and enable His angels to minister to those who are in need and prayed for. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you always.

Janeth said...

amen to taht Mel.. even the fact sometimes that there many "brothers" who want us to just mind our own business but then its time to show them that it is indeed our business minding them:)

good day!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Janeth,
Minding them doesn't have to be obvious as some people really want others to mind their own business. By minding them, we could always pray for them as we sympathize with their own trials. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you all always.


"Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts" (Hebrews 4:7b)

DO YOU NEED HELP? ARE YOU IN THE DARK? CAN'T FIND YOUR WAY AROUND? NEED A FRIEND WHO WILL STICK WITH YOU THROUGH THICK OR THIN OR WHEN EVERYBDOY ELSE HAS DESERTED YOU?

Please click here: http://www.andiesisle.com/He-Will-Be.html

AND YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWER.


Tingnan ang buong laki ng larawan

Hear Il Divo's Amazing Rendition of Amazing Grace at the Coliseum in Rome, Italy

Please click here




Divine Providence