Friday, September 14, 2012

The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter


The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter
a poem by Mel Avila Alarilla


The heart is a lonely hunter
It seeks the places of previous
love, joy, reminiscings.
It yearns for a love that has been lost.

There in the periphery of time and space-
a love that has been sought was veiled
for the eyes to see.

How lonely is the world without one's love.
Looking at the empty walls,
only tears are the companion of one's soul.

As life begins to slowly ebb from this frail body,
I yearn to see once more the love I have long
sought for.
Wherever she may be, I hope she will realize
just how much I miss her.

My heart cries out in pain, the throbbing sobs
of the hurts embedded deep in my soul.
As the melody wafts in the inner chamber
of my mind,
I recall the wonderful days of years gone by
when we were together.

Now that I am on death throes
how I long to see your face once more,
To gaze at your winsome smile, To be reassured again and again,
that you love me.

Ah, that would be enough to calm the storm
raging in my soul.
As the cold misty air of the twilight time
descends on my empty body,
Let me hear once more your angelic voice
saying for the last time that you love me.
Again and again. Until the end.
Until the very..............end.




The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter




Tags: The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter, Love of My Life, My Only Love, One and Only Love, Missing You, Lonely Heart, Love To Last A Lifetime, Pain, Hurt, Loneliness, Death, Death Throes, Again and Again, Until The End, Until The Very End

Posted by: Mel Avila Alarilla
Philippines
Poetry/Literary

8 comments:

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

wow, nice poem......me too right a poem....napa english ako,hehe.....

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Arvin,
You're so funny, hehehe. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you always.

Pia said...

wow, that's deep, bro. i can sense deep longing in the poem.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi sis Pia,
No, it's not just deep longing but a sense of loss and very deep pain. Long have I wanted to chat with you to unburden myself but I am quite shy about it. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you always my dear friend.

teJan said...

what a nice and deep poem Mel.. can make us ponder. Thanks for sharing! May the Lord will continue to guide you and bless you on whatever you need! Keep your Trust in Him , the creator and the finisher of our faith!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi teJan,
Yes, it is an expression of a deep hurt in my soul. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you all always.

Unknown said...

It sounds like the heart is very picky with happiness hehehe just kidding. it's true, it's the heart that controls out emotion. i wonder kung anong makapagpapasaya sa heart. yung happiness na walang katapusan.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Shy,
Yung happiness na walang katapusan ay matatagpuan mo lang kay God. I hope you are all fine and in the best of health. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you all always.


"Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts" (Hebrews 4:7b)

DO YOU NEED HELP? ARE YOU IN THE DARK? CAN'T FIND YOUR WAY AROUND? NEED A FRIEND WHO WILL STICK WITH YOU THROUGH THICK OR THIN OR WHEN EVERYBDOY ELSE HAS DESERTED YOU?

Please click here: http://www.andiesisle.com/He-Will-Be.html

AND YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWER.


Tingnan ang buong laki ng larawan

Hear Il Divo's Amazing Rendition of Amazing Grace at the Coliseum in Rome, Italy

Please click here




Divine Providence