Monday, January 14, 2013

It's A Wondertful Life


Have you not consider how wonderful it is to be alive? How thoroughly rewarding it is that we are loved by people that mattered most to us? Have we not appreciated that the sun shines after a stormy day or the light dawns after the darkness of the night? There are so many things we ought to be thankful for. Surely, we thrive in the fresh air we breathe. We hear the singing of the birds in the morning and the swaying of the leaves and grasses as the wind passes by. We are thrilled by the surging of the waves in the picturesque seashore. And have we not gotten the thrill of our lives by journeying to the imperial mountains that stand majestically amidst the clouds. The tiny creatures of the day and night show how wonderful it is to be alive. Have you seen the flying eagle as it soared ecstatically among the clouds, impervious of all the din down below? How we love to stroll by our favorite baywalk as seagulls come flying by? How we marvel at the majestic sun as it sets in its golden halo as the night slowly creeps in? And how we savor our favorite ice cream bar as we exchange pleasant stories in the moonlit night?

Ah, the earth is so peaceful as the light of the moon encompasses us all. And yes, have we not felt the presence of an Unknown Being who have made all of these things possible? How wonderful it is to be alive and cared for by an Almighty God who is so gracious in providing all of our needs. ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE.

Tags: It's A Wonderful Life, It's Wonderful To Be Alive, Life, Love, Cherished Memories, God, Divine Providence, Divine Grace

Posted by: Mel Avila Alarilla
Philippines
Inspirational/Motivational

8 comments:

SeaSpray said...

BEAUTIFUL post Mel. My first thought is I should change the name of my blog because while that is my title ..I my writing doesn't come across this positive which the title might seem to indicate. I chose it because I love the "It's a wonderful life" movie because it demonstrates how we are all important and to never give up and to have faith, etc. But I don't have wonderful things that I write about. Never thought of that. Maybe once in a while.

I do believe in being grateful and do see God in almost everything ..everything good and I know he brings us through the bad.

I have had so many challenges (emotionally and physically since 06 - so much loss), but God forbid it could be worse. And I know I was blessed to have lived 50 years before these things began to happen. I am still finding it hard since my closest friend died last yr and mon and some others ...even tho blessed with my wonderful immediate family. And things in the world seem to be deteriorating so much Mel, I can't help but to think of Matthew 24, Luke 21, etc. Morals taking a serious decline and then near me the devastation of hurricane Sandy and the horrible ...EVIL massacre of the 20 children and 6 adults just before Christmas 2 states away from here. I abhor the leadership in our country right now and have serious concerns for our national sovereignty and security and for first time in my life am worried about the strength and security of America. I've always been one to smile if a butterfly goes by and say Thank you God and to be happy with even the smallest pleasures. Almost always positive. But ...I have been feeling weighed down.

Thank you for this wonderful post ...reminding me to regain a beter and more positive perspective. God Bless you and your family Mel. :)

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

masarap talaga ang mabuhay.....

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi SeaSpray,
Things didn't have to look so bad if we learn to focus on the positive things in life. Sure, we have to take note of the negative things happening all around us but we must not let them affect our appreciation of the finer things in life which God has provided us with. There's still sunshine after the storms. There's still spring and summer after winter. There is still the bright day after a long dark night. And most of all, we are still alive to savor the beauty and splendor of God's creation. For after all, these are the things that matter in the eyes of God. The only question we must always ask is: have we walk in the will of the Lord always? Thanks for your visit and wonderful comments. I appreciate them. God bless you always.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Arvin,
Yes, it's so wonderful to be alive. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you always.

SeaSpray said...

True ..all that you say Mel.

I have an elderly friend whom I call my spiritual Mom and she has such beautiful faith and nothing seems to pull her down. She always tells me to put Jesus first.

He is always my savior, and my faith does not waiver ...but I need to do better to make him Lord over all, putting him first and I think other things including concerns would fall into place.

God bless you too. :)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi SeaSpray,
The Bible says, "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2). And "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17). There are two realities in this world, the physical reality and the spiritual reality where God and genuine unadulterated faith exist. We can overcome all physical problems and burdens in life by focusing on God's promises which exist in the spiritual reality. As the Bible says, "Without faith, it is impossible to please God" (Hebrews 11:6a) and "For we live by faith not by sight" (2Corinthians 5:7) Read the Bible regularly and seek the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit to build up your faith. Hold on to God and not to any person for if that person stumbles, you stumble with her. You can hear the word of God regularly at Bible Gateway. They have an audio presentation of the Bible. I hope you can focus on God and not on your immediate circumstances. Pray unceasingly, for prayers open the portals of heaven to you. Thanks again for your visit and comments. God bless you always.

SeaSpray said...

Such shared Wisdom Mel - Thank you. :)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi SeaSpray,
You're welcome. TO GOD BE THE GLORY. Thanks again for your visit and comments. God bless you always.


"Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts" (Hebrews 4:7b)

DO YOU NEED HELP? ARE YOU IN THE DARK? CAN'T FIND YOUR WAY AROUND? NEED A FRIEND WHO WILL STICK WITH YOU THROUGH THICK OR THIN OR WHEN EVERYBDOY ELSE HAS DESERTED YOU?

Please click here: http://www.andiesisle.com/He-Will-Be.html

AND YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWER.


Tingnan ang buong laki ng larawan

Hear Il Divo's Amazing Rendition of Amazing Grace at the Coliseum in Rome, Italy

Please click here




Divine Providence