Friday, February 6, 2009

What Kind of a Person Are You, Proactive or Reactive?



What kind of a person are you, proactive or reactive? Your answer to this question may unravel so much of your personality that may still be unknown to you.
There are advantages and disadvantages on either side. A proactive person is normally a task oriented person. He is, more often than not, a perfectionist who takes pride in his work. He anticipates problems and devise ways to solve them long before they arise. He is the doer, the innovator, the trailblazer. He loves to take risks and will not hesitate to take chances on an unclear situation. But the greater the risk, the bigger the loss if the project fails.

The reactive person is normally a procrastinator. He dislike to take risk, that is why he, more often than not, just reacts to situations in his life. He is fearful of the unknown and would wait to see things settle clearly before he makes any decision especially major ones. He is a person who loves to find ways and means to evade or at least procrastinate doing a task at hand. He just do what is expected from him, no more no less. And if he can skirt doing a task, he will be more than glad to escape from it.

If we will compare these two types of personalities to chess players, the proactive person is the attacking player, full of derring do and innovative moves. He would analyze all the counter moves of his opponent and will find ways to thwart them. The reactive person is like a defensive type of a chess player who will just defend every attack delivered by the attacking player. NOW WHICH TYPE OF PERSON ARE YOU?

Tags: Proactive, Reactive, Person, Kind of Person, Personality, Perfectionist, Doer, Innovator, Trailblazer, Procrastinator, Risk, Chess Player, Attacker, Defender, Life, Lifestyle

Posted by: Mel Avila Alarilla
Philippines
Inspirational/Motivational

14 comments:

Tey said...

I like to take risk and try my best to make sure that I am doing it the safe way where I wont be stepping on someone else shoes. I always ask for guidance to God not to hurt anyone. This is where my faith comes in.
Raptured Dreams
Celebrity Entertainment
All Natural Cosmetics 4u

Lo Kelween said...

according to the personality description you provided, it's difficult to catergorize me in either of both sides because I think I have partially here and there. hopefully that doesn't mean I have split personalites... hoho

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Tey,
It's best to seek the will of God in everything that we do so that we will succeed. Thanks for your visit and inspired comments. God bless you always my friend.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Eel Wind,
No my friend, you do not have a split personality. There are really people who have both traits and its perfectly normal. One can be a risk taker and at the same time he can also weigh in the risk involved before making a decision. Thanks for your visit and valuable comments my friend.

Anonymous said...

Proactive definately but yes, that is not giving me financial benefits.
Wish my blog to succeed.

GagayMD said...

hmp!!??!?

depending on any situation, i might be PROACTIVE or REACTIVE..but mostly, reactive eh!heheh!

anyway, kuya mel, it's been a long time that i haven't dropped here..whew! so and so..i have something for you kuya mel..di po un harmless..hehe!

http://walkingnewspaper.blogspot.com/2009/02/valentine-linky-love.html

see u po!GB!

gagay

Chubskulit Rose said...

I am a proactive kuya mel and I'm glad I am because it helps me achieve goals that I plan and of course it is coupled with prayers always. He is my strength to everything I do..

Tey said...

ikaw talaga.. Sinu yun Antonnete> Tagal ko na ata ala sa pInas, I am not familiar with new celebrities sa Pinas. SAend me a picture nga.. And I am too old to be called cute... Maganda na lang.. lols
Anyway I am thinking of running a contest, what do you think. here is the links
http://www.raptureddreams.com/2009/02/game-for-free-makeup.html
Raptured Dreams
Celebrity Entertainment
All Natural Cosmetics 4u

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Hobo,
Glad that you are proactive. Writing as a hobby and as a reward in itself might not bring you success in blogging financially. But at least you have an outlet for your innate talent. Commercial blogging entails choosing a niche and staying at it until advertisers take notice of you. And then the financial rewards will come. Thanks for your visit and honest comments. God bless.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Gagay,
Sige, I will drop by your blog and see what your surprise is for me. Thanks for dropping by frend. You're always welcome here. God bless you always.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Rose,
Yes, people who are proactive normally succeed in life since they seek their own success instead of waiting for it. Thanks for your visit and wonderful comments. God bless you and your loved ones always.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Tey,
Natutuwa lang kasi ako sa picture mo. Parang kinunan nung grade six ka at parang inaantok,he,he,he,lol. Sige padalhan kita nang litrato ni Antoinette Taus para makita mo ang resemblance. Ok yung contest kung maganda ang premyo at maikalat mo ang promotions sa maraming blogs. I'll go over the link you gave to see it for myself. Thank you cute for visiting this blog and commenting. God bless you always ehe, maganda pala.

EuroYank - Virginia Hoge said...

I was always aggressive. It must have something to do with my childhood because the odds of me surviving past age three by the doctors was only five percent. Somehow I overcame the disease of post war Germany, and when we immigrated to the USA I excelled in everything. As time went on I became more aggressive ... ie military life, business life, but then when the tide turned and I questioned everything the dark forces the GOVERNMENT made my life a nightmare after I discovered their true ways and publicly made this known in the media TALK RADIO etc. Then I had to flee again and now my life is basically defensive in order to survive!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi EuroYank,
You are truly one of a kind, a person probably ahead of your time. You were the recipient of so many knowledge of anomalies and other government shenanigans that is why they made your life a nightmare. There are limited things that we can do in our lifetimes. I know you have that overpowering desire to reveal the truth to as much people as you could. But you can only do so much. And for that you deserve the gratitude of ordinary people who would not have stumbled on the knowledge that you unearthed. Thanks for sharing those knowledge to the world. God bless you always.


"Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts" (Hebrews 4:7b)

DO YOU NEED HELP? ARE YOU IN THE DARK? CAN'T FIND YOUR WAY AROUND? NEED A FRIEND WHO WILL STICK WITH YOU THROUGH THICK OR THIN OR WHEN EVERYBDOY ELSE HAS DESERTED YOU?

Please click here: http://www.andiesisle.com/He-Will-Be.html

AND YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWER.


Tingnan ang buong laki ng larawan

Hear Il Divo's Amazing Rendition of Amazing Grace at the Coliseum in Rome, Italy

Please click here




Divine Providence